How to Organise After Moving
- Make sure all your utility suppliers are all set up.
- Set a deadline for when you want to be unpacked by.
- Tools – have scissors ready for cutting tape. And black bags to put your packaging in.
- Make a list of the rooms you have and the furniture/belongings you want to put in them
- Clean your new home. Clean everything from the washing machine to the fridge.
- Decide where your largest pieces of furniture will go. Unpack them first and put them against the wall so you have more space to unpack the smaller objects.
- Unpack your essential kitchen appliances. And perishable foods.
- Unpack your bedding.
- Unpack your daily essentials. Such as toiletries and medicines.
- Unpack your bathroom.
- Unpack your clothes. It is always good to unpack the clothes that will go into your wardrobe first. As they are easy to put away.
- Arrange the cabinets. Unpack your books and electronics that go within your cabinets.
- Unpack your kitchen – firstly unpack your appliances.
- Arrange cupboards. Start with your cutlery and cups. As these are easy to unpack and arrange. The cooker. Arrange your pots and the cutlery you use for cooking near your cooker. For ease put all your detergents in one place.
- Unpack your living room.
For more moving tips and advice, feel free to contact us here.